Dr. Dominic Makaa Kitavi Publications
Publications in Journals:
- Wong, K., Morris, Z., Kitavi, D., & Lin, T. (2019). A uniform circular array of isotropic sensors that stochastically dislocate in three dimensions—The hybrid Cramér-Rao bound of direction-of-arrival estimation. The Journal Of The Acoustical Society Of America, 146(1), 150-163. doi: 10.1121/1.5098771
- Kitavi, D., Wong, K., Lin, T., & Wu, Y. (2019). Hybrid Cramér-Rao bound of direction finding, using a triad of cardioid sensors that are perpendicularly oriented and spatially collocated. The Journal Of The Acoustical Society Of America, 146(2), 1099-1109. doi: 10.1121/1.5120521
- Nyokabi, V., Kitavi, D., & Ngari, C. (2019). Cramér-Rao Bound of Direction Finding Using Uniform Arc Arrays. Journal Of Advances In Mathematics And Computer Science, 1-15. doi: 10.9734/jamcs/2019/v33i130168
- Ndiritu, G., Kitavi, D., & Ngari, C. (2019). Cramér-Rao Bound of Direction Finding Using a Uniform Hexagonal Array. Journal Of Advances In Mathematics And Computer Science, 1-14. doi: 10.9734/jamcs/2019/v32i630161
- M. Kinyili, D. M. Kitavi, & C. G. Ngari, “Aperture Maximization with Half-Wavelength Spacing, via a 2-Circle Concentric Array Geometry that is Uniform but Sparse,” Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 1 – 20, May 2019. http://www.journaljamcs.com/index.php/JAMCS/article/view/30148
- D. M. Kitavi, K. T. Wong & C.-C. S. Hung, “An L-shaped Array with Non-Orthogonal Axes – Its Cramer-Rao Bound for Direction Finding,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 486 – 492, February 2018. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8012415/
- D. M. Kitavi, K. T. Wong, M. Zou & K. Agrawal, “A Lower Bound of Estimation Error of an Emitter's Direction-of-Arrival / Polarization, for a Collocated Triad of Orthogonal Dipoles/Loops That Fail Randomly,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 961 – 970, June 2017. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7935594/
- D. M. Kitavi, T.-C Lin, K. T. Wong & Y. I. Wu, “Direction Finding with the Sensors' Gains Suffering Bayesian Uncertainty — Hybrid CRB and MAP Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 2038 – 2044, August 2016. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7738373/
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- D. M. Kitavi & M. Kinyili, “Cramer-Rao Bound of Direction Finding Using Multi-Concentric Circular Arrays,” International Arab Conference on Mathematics and Computations (IACMC), April 2019, http://iacmc.zu.edu.jo/eng/images/finalproceedings.pdf
- Z. N. Morris, K. T. Wong, D. M. Kitavi, & T.-C. Lin, “The Hybrid Cramer-Rao Bound of Direction Finding by a Uniform Circular Array of Isotropic Sensors that Suffer Stochastic Dislocations,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), vol. 142, no. 4, pp. 2554, November 2017. http://asa.scitation.org/doi/10.1121/1.5014336
- D. M. Kitavi, K. T. Wong, L. Yeh & T.-C. Lin, “Cramer-Rao Bound for Direction Finding at a Tri-Axial Velocity-Sensor of an Acoustic Event Having an AR(1) Temporal Auto-Correlation,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), vol. 141, no.5, pp. 3650, June 2017. http://asa.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1121/1.498789
- D. M. Kitavi, H. Tan & K. T. Wong, “A Regular Tetrahedral Array Whose Constituent Sensors Fail Randomly - A Lower Bound for Direction-of-Arrival Estimation,” 2016 IEEE Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference (LAPC), pp. 1 – 5, November 2016.
- D. M. Kitavi, T.-C. Lin & K. T. Wong, “A Tetrahedral Array of Isotropic Sensors, Each Suffering a Random Complex Gain – The Resulting Hybrid Cramer-Rao Bound for Direction Finding,” 2016 IEEE National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON) and Ohio Innovation Summit (OIS), pp. 412 – 415, July 2016.